|The ubiquitous chubby cheeks|
- still present to this day!
|In a LadyV London vintage-style frock.|
More recently, rather than continuing to pine for clothes that, as well as not fitting me, wouldn't suit me, I have decided to shop for the shape of my body. The internet, in particular, has been the key to finding well-fitting plus-sized clothes that I feel confident and happy in. I take a lot of pleasure in seeking out clothing that will flatter and suit my figure and planning out outfits that suit my taste for 40's and 50's style whilst also fitting my body properly and building my confidence.
|In an Evans prom dress|
& shrug at a dance.
5 of my favourite plus-sized shops or retailers:
- LadyV London - although their range of plus size dresses is limited, they do release new collections regularly and produce amazing frocks for a reasonable price. I've three of their dresses in my wardrobe now - and I've my eye on several others too!
- Evans - the main high-street store to cater for plus-sized customers in the UK, Evans do stock some appealing ranges. I generally love their lingerie, as it really does flatter whilst being wearable. They have also done some special edition ranges with Beth Ditto and Clements Ribeiro both of which helped to push the notion that big girls like unique style too.
Having a cuddle with my
young friend, Sadie, in
a Joe Browns dress.
- Joe Browns - the great blend of quirky style, fabulous prints and innovative cuts from this great brand now comes in a full range ofplus sizes and they are producing some beautiful clothes this season. Be still my twitching debit card... I've my eye on this beauty for a summer wedding we have booked!
- H&M+ - the plus sized range from H&M is often updated and features some good key pieces each season at a reasonable price.
- Igigi - the American designer whose ranges I am falling in love with, despite the fact that they are very expensive and not available in many outlets in the UK. Love their style, cut and fabrics - maybe one day...