Monday 29 April 2013

Y is for YAY!

I had intended to blog about my beloved county of Yorkshire today for Y, but I've had something of a 'YAY!' day so thought I'd just post quickly about this instead.

We have Ofsted, the schools and college inspectors visiting our college this week. It is a very stressful time and the management have spent all year reminding us of this unpredictable impending doom. It all seems to be going well so far and today I was observed both by my Head of Department and an Ofsted Inspector and I was thrilled, and very relieved, to get a Grade 1 (the highest grade possible). I must say this is due to my students all behaving very well, my colleagues being incredibly supportive and David listening to me talk through my lesson plans incessantly. I am, none the less, super chuffed!

I also had official confirmation through in the post tonight that my grades for my Masters in Post-Compulsory Education and Training have been confirmed by the assessment board. This means I have an MA at Pass with Merit - officially!

To top the day off, my favourite team on University Challenge, from Manchester University just romped home with the trophy in the final! Yay, indeed!

Apologies for the overwhelmingly self-congratulatory nature of this post (and the excessive use of exclamation marks). Normal service will be resumed once I've calmed down and Y is for Yorkshire will appear soon...

8 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like a YAY day to me. :-) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's 'S is for Spivs'? Eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't use up all my stellar content in the first round, Spiv! I think it may be M for Mandrills next time :0) x

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! Or should I say YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! What a wonderful day for you.

    ReplyDelete